Our Application Process is CLOSED
UPDATE: We are no longer accepting applications for post-secondary and high school internships.
We are hiring students across the Region of Peel to work as part of a team to help small businesses, non-profit and community organizations develop high quality online solutions, including written, audio and video projects to increase the vibrancy of the local economy, community, city, and region.
Preference is given to students who live in Caledon, Brampton or Mississauga.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be working in one (or more) of the following areas in order to support the team’s summer objectives, including:
- Business Development: Creating/updating small business databases and generating leads
- Market Research and Development: Performing small business research and creating/updating marketing reports
- Video Production and Editing: Recording, editing, and producing high quality videos for partners
- Photography/Graphic Design: Preparing and designing marketing materials
- Website Development: Developing websites and pages for small business partners and creating applications to improve business performance
- Software Development: Creating web based applications using rapid development tools
- Communication: On camera personality in recorded and live-streamed video content
- Inbound and Outbound Sales: Reaching out to small businesses and creating solutions with partners
Positions are home based, however, you may be required to travel within the Region of Peel for specific project needs such as taking photographs, capturing video, meeting with business owners, participating in team events/meetings/community events, and community service as allowed under Public Health guidance. You must have access to your own computer with Internet and video conferencing.
Watch a video of a Summer 2021 initiative:
Who We Are Looking For
You should demonstrate experience or passion in one of the areas outlined above. Applicants should have strong communication skills and demonstrate a desire to learn, create, and put their skills to the test in a professional capacity. We are looking for youth who are passionate and knowledgeable about the community they live in, and can use their lived experiences and insights to be a valuable team member.
$14.25 per hour, 35 hours/week, for a duration of 8, 10 or 16 weeks:
- (Positions Available )
High-school students are eligible for our 8 or 10-week positions beginning in June
- (Positions Now Filled)
Post-Secondary students are eligible for our 16-week positions beginning in May
How To Apply
Complete the online application. Resumes and cover letters are not accepted. Ensure your LinkedIn profile is complete and accurate. Selected applicants will be invited to an online video interview.